Friday, January 18, 2013

More Snowmen

We made printed snowmen today.  We started with white paint, ink brayers, circles cut from cardboard and bubble wrap, and a paper doily.  The girls rolled the paint over the circles and used them to print a snowman.  The doily was the hardest to use.  New Fish decided to use the smooth side of the bubble wrap for her head and then added some bubbles to her doily at the bottom.  She is very opposed to any art project that involves much instruction and usually insists on giving it her own twist in some way (which I love.)
 
Next they added faces, hats, buttons and stick arms and finger painted on mouths with black paint.
 
Red Fish

I think they turned out really fun!  I wish I had a higher contrast paper in this size but I didn't have anything on hand that was big enough.
New Fish

0 comments:

Post a Comment