Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Outfits

The holiday clothing is out of control around here.
This year, I decided to sew matching Christmas outfits for our kids with two of my sisters in law. The kids are all going to wear them on Christmas eve. This was my first attempt at sewing clothing from scratch.  Next time I come up with a brilliant project like this and I am already so short on time, someone needs to remind me of two things.  1- The project is going to take about 10 times longer than I think it will.  2- I don't actually know how to sew.  I love the way they turned out and I think they look very cute but next time I won't sew something this ambitious (remember I don't know how to sew) in December.  I tried to use an online tutorial but turned out the tutorial didn't actually produce a skirt so I had to wing it from there.  After I gave up on the tutorial things went much more smoothly.  Maybe at some point I will attempt to make something from a pattern.  I'm happy these aren't too over the top Christmas themed because I can change the shirt and have them continue to wear them well after Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment