Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

Matching outfits made with my sisters in law for a cousin Christmas picture.  I had it framed for my parents and grandparents for Christmas.
 Christmas eve was spent at my parent's this year.  There was a table full of dinner and treats and fun with family and friends.

My cousin and his cute wife L.
 Singing Christmas songs
 We had a nativity play again this year.  We used to do it at my great grandfather's house when I was really little and we are attempting to bring back the tradition with our kids.  We have no fancy costumes, just robes, towells and stuff from around the house.  I was attempting to photograph while directing my kids so I missed out on documenting parts of it.  We had everyone participate which is hilarious and fun.  The adults are good sports about putting on the crazy costumes or being assigned a part like "the star".  My Dad read the bible and was our narrator.
 New Fish was Mary, Thing One was Joseph and my brother J was the donkey.  Joseph wanted a ride to Bethlehem this year.

 Two Fish was the inn keeper.
 Red Fish was the angel this year.  She was so sweet about delivering her lines to the shepards.  You can see from the expression on her face that she took her part very seriously.  She has been very excited about playing this part.  She is wearing one of my childhood Christmas dresses.  When I suggested earlier this month that it might be a good angel costume she told me : "No thanks Mom.  I think I'm just going to be nudie with wings." I asked her why she would be naked and she said: "Well last time I saw and angel, he was nudie with wings." Obviously.  Fortunately I read her a lot of illustrated nativity stories this month depicting angels in white robes and I swayed her from attending the family Christmas party in the buff.  (Is she the most hilarious child around or what?)
 Thing 2 was our baby Jesus and Lee Lee was the manger.  My picture of the shepards got corrupted.
Wise Men

We attempted to play Christmas carols on a set of pipes but we were pretty terrible.  There was a family headstand contest and the inevitable leg wrestling and craziness that comes with hanging out with my family.  It was a fun night. 

1 comments:

Linnea said...

I loved everything about this post--what great traditions!!

Post a Comment