Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ski Date With Red Fish & Her Friends

It was a warm fabulous day in the mountains today.  We fit in one last ski day today after preschool with Red Fish's little friends.  We all piled into the car (with their Mom) and had a fantastic day on the slopes.  It's really a shame that the season is over because Red Fish has really gotten the hang of skiing without any assistance.  She is turning like a little pro and has gotten really good at her wedge.  I, on the other hand am completely sore every time I ski with her because I have to maintain a wedge and set and example.  My legs do not enjoy skiing in a wedge anymore.  

We tried one big hill without the harness today but it nearly gave me a heart attack because Red Fish just took off straight down the hill.  The child has no fear.  We'll save the bigger runs for next year.  Red Fish loved skiing with her friends and I can see what a benefit skiing with other kids could be for her.  Maybe we will find her some ski lessons next year.  It has been a good season despite the lack of snow and I've really enjoyed seeing Red Fish out on the slopes.  I'm a little afraid of starting with New Fish next year but I'm waiting to see if her feet grow in the next year so we can rent her boots.  She has her mother's tiny feet.

1 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

I love that picture- so cute!
Thank you for your comment on my blog - I totally agree with what you said! It really bothered me when the adoption people said not to try fertility treatments while going through the adoption process, but the hubs and I talked and we decided we're going at this however we see fit- like you said, Heavenly Father will send my babies however He sees fit! :)

Post a Comment