Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Freezer Meals

I'm loving the recipes I have received from friends!  Keep them coming please please please.  Any blogstalkers out there are welcome to send them as well.  This month my sisters in law haven't finished off their last batch of meals and we couldn't find a time to get together so I just went ahead and did these by myself.  I definitely went for simplicity because it is harder to cook this many different meals.  There isn't as much variety and it certainly wasn't as fun to do them by myself.  It was doable though and my husband helped with a couple of them. I'm still totally in love with the freezer meal plan.  It has made my life so much more manageable especially since things seems extra crazy for me right now. Hopefully my family doesn't get tired of 10,000 ways to cook chicken. We have a freezer full of frozen beef so I usually cook some of that on Sundays when we are home.  I  There are a few recipes that were similar to each other or to things I have done in the previous months but I wanted to test out which ones we like the best.  I starred the recipes that were repeats that our family likes.

*Cranberry/apricot chicken- Chicken pieces, 1 env. onion soup, 1 bottle Russian dressing, 1 med. jar apricot jam or can of cranberry sauce.  Mix and freeze.  Thaw and Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
*Italian Chicken-chicken breasts, 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup , 1 8oz package of cream cheese, 1 package italian dressing.  Thaw, bake and serve over noodles.
*Lemon chicken- chicken breast, 2 tbs. flour / gluten free flour, 1 tbs butter, 3/4 c chicken broth
2 tbs lemon juice.  Thaw and bake.

*Garlic ranch chicken- Chicken breast, 1 package Ranch, 1  c milk, 2 tbs dried minced garlic, Thaw and bake
*Taco Meat- shredded chicken with lime, redwine vinegar, seasoning
Teriyaki chicken- chicken breast, Teriyaki marinade
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chile- 1 can tomatoes, 1 pkg. ranch mix, shredded chicken, 1 can black beans, 1 can corn.  Put in crock pot (can be frozen) and add 1 pkg. cream cheese before serving.
 Crock Pot Italian Chicken- 1 pkg. zesty italian seasoning, chicken, 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Put in crock pot for 4 hours and add one pkg. of cream cheese before serving.
Chicken and Rice Bake- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup, instant white rice, 1 cup water, 1/4 tsp. paprika, chicken.  Thaw and bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until done.  I froze mine without the water.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, 1 cup water, 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup rice, chicken.  Thaw and bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until done.   I realize this is the same as the last recipe but I want to test which way we like it better.
Chicken Primavera- 1/4 cup Grated parmesean cheese, 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, carrots, 2 cups cooked corkscrew or elbow macaroni, 1 cream of mushroom soup, 1/8 tsp. garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. pepper, (can be made with canned chicken) Thaw and cook on low for 30 minutes. (This will be the first time I try cooking the pasta before freezing.)
Lemonade Chicken- Frozen lemonade, cooked chicken, 6 tbsp. catsup, 6 tbsp. brown sugar, 2 tbsp. vinegar.  Thaw and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 45-50 minutes or until tender.  Combine 2 tbsp. corn starch and water.  Stir into chicken mixture until thick and bubbly.
Chicken rice wraps- Mild salsa, taco seasoning, tortillas, 2 cups instant rice uncooked. 2 cups water and shredded chicken.  Combine chicken, water, salsa and seasoning and bring to a boil.  Add rice and simmer for 5 minutes.  Put into tortillas and freeze individually overnight before putting into a bag. 
Gaint Crockpot Chili- (this will feed us for 3 or 4 meals. I plan to make taco salads and other things with it.)  2 lbs. cooked ground beef, 2 cans northern beans, 3 cans kidney beans, 4- 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatos, 2 med. Onions, green pepper, 1 tsp. garlic, 3 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. salt.  Freeze and then dethaw and put in crock pot.
Beef & Broccoli Calzone- (We made two batches of this.) 1 lb. cooked ground beef, Frozen bread dough, 10 oz. frozen broccoli, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, onion, 3.4 cup sour cream, 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. salt.  Wrap in bread dough.  Thaw and bake.
Lemon Garlic Chicken- salt, pepper, garlic powder, a lemon, chicken
Chicken roll ups-  package of crescent rolls, cream cheese, garlic, salt pepper, shredded chicken, gravy

2 comments:

The Studes said...

I was planning on doing mine this saturday and consider enough for april. I still have a 6 meals in my freezer from last month. Your recipes look yummy btw.

Richinsrock said...

You so should have called me, I only have a few meals left, and I have to do them again. I loooove freezer meals, they save me daily.

Post a Comment