Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another Ski Day

 We went skiing last weekend and my Dad, brother and his wife were up at the resort.  They took a few runs with us.  New Fish was in the backpack again and she loved it.  It's really fun to be able to be up there with my little family of four.  The baby backpack has been well used between camping, hiking, shopping, outings and now skiing.  We avoided buying one when Red Fish was tiny because they are expensive but I now think it is a must have baby item.
My brother took a couple of runs with Red Fish.  She is getting better everytime we go.  I just need to figure out a way to teach her how to turn better.  She is getting her wedge down great and she turns a little bit but it still takes quite a bit of work to slow her down and keep her in control.  I didn't have to hold onto the back of her harness on the bigger bunny hill.  We could use the leashes.  I tried to take her down a new hill by myself.  It was a horrible mistake.  I didn't realize how much steeper it was and it took us forever to get down and I was about ready to collapse by the time we made it down.  Red Fish was fine.  The child has no fear.

We will go up at least one more time as a family before the end of ski season and maybe one of us will take Red Fish up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment