Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Modge Podge Projects


The girls are constantly asking me to teach them new songs or to play a music game.  They are OBSESSED with playing games and they love to sing. I get tired of the music games we have much faster than they do but our music time is so much more fun for them if I have a visual aid, a book or a game for them. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine suggested making dice with different songs on them.  I made the large dice a few weeks ago out of an old Christmas decoration and modge podge.  The girls have used it nonstop and learned a few new songs (the other three they already knew but weren't a part of any of our other games.)  I coudn't find the bigger block size at the craft store but I bought some smaller wood blocks to make more and started putting them together today.  The girls wanted to help so the dice aren't as neatly made but they are in love with them. I tried to stick mostly with songs they don't know although there are 5 or 6 they already do.

So far we have dice wtih- The Bear Went Over The Mountain, Head Shoulders Knees & Toes, She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain, Ring Around The Rosies,  London Bridge, Skip To My Lou, Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush, A Tisket A Tasket, When The Saints Go Marching In, The Ants Go Marching, Baby Bumble Bee, Five Speckled Frogs, 5 Little Ducks, Where Is Thumbkin, I'm A Little Teapot, Down By The Station, I've Been Working On The Railroad, My Bonnie, There Were Ten In The Bed, One Two Buckle My Shoe, I've Been Working On The Railroad, John Jacob Jungleheimer Schmidt, The ABCs,  BINGO, & It's Raining It's Pouring.
 The girls loved helping me modge podge the dice so much that Red Fish decided they needed their "own project."  They shredded up paper and painted it onto a collage with paint brushes and a bowl of modge podge.  I told them about how some artists name their artwork.  When I asked them what they would name their collage, both girls had an immediate answer.  Maybe they always name them in their head or this was just what they were thinking while they were working.  The names cracked me up. I'm going to have to ask them for names more often.
"Umbitty Tools" by Red Fish
"Danger Jellyfish" by New Fish

1 comments:

Somers said...

love the names!

Post a Comment