Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spooky Symphony

 The wicked witch and Glenda the good witch. Yes, I know she is supposed to wear a pink dress but at the time we bought the dress, Red Fish was going through a blue phase.  Red Fish decided to carry a little cat in a bag because she said: " Even good witches need cats."  New Fish carried my Toto dog most of the time.

Last night we went to the "Spooky Symphony" concert.  It was great.  We wore our costumes.  My Mom was  good sport about putting together a scarecrow costume to go with our Wizard of Oz theme.  Two Fish has a tin man costume but wasn't here to go with us.  The concert was a little too long- I wish it was 1.5 hours instead of 2.  New Fish didn't quite make it through the whole concert.  They played some fun John Williams' themes from E.T. and Star Wars mixed in with other pieces.  The kids loved seeing everyone in elaborate costumes.  We had a great time.  It was a lot of work to get the kids dinner early and into their costumes, make it through the concert and get them back in bed.  Thank goodness my Mom came with us to the show.  Two Fish has been out of town and I miss him!

*The best part of costume party was that, I didn't see ANYONE who was scantily clad!!  I'm so tired of Halloween costumes becoming an excuse to bare all.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

Totally! What is it with Halloween being an excuse for adults to wear lingerie in public? This post made me excited for our classical Halloween concert in the park this weekend. (squeal)

Somers said...

nice wig, Dorothy.

The Clem Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love your costumes!

Post a Comment