Friday, October 21, 2011

Leap

 My friend and Coworker R was the only person I could convince to go with me.  We look pretty spiffy in our jumpsuits.
 They showed me a video with step by step instructions.  Really it was more like the plane door opened and they slid me down the bench and out the door.

Hurtling toward the earth, 13000 feet below at 110 miles an hour.  Luckily some dude strapped to the back of me had a parachute.  It was AWESOME! I loved it!  Checked one off my 30 before 30 list.  I'm running short on time.  I will upload the video when I figure out how to get it off the DVD.
I thought that Skydiving would be terrifying.  I just wanted to do it once, basically to say that I had.  Instead I found it totally exhilerating.  I loved it.  The only really scary part was the actual jump out of the plane and those first few seconds when we were spinning around in the air.  After that the jump was amazing and as soon as the parachute opens it is just peaceful and beautiful.  Amazing.

5 comments:

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

Holy cow that looks awesome! I totally would have done it with you. Way to go!

The Clem Family said...

Just one question...did it tickle your tummy?

One Fish said...

I didn't really get that feeling in my stomach that you usually get when you are falling. Maybe we fell too fast?

Blogful said...

Wow, wow wow! Some day.

Unknown said...

That looks AMAZING!!! How fun!

Post a Comment