Friday, September 2, 2011

San Francisco - Day 2

This morning we got up early and went for a pancake breakfast.  We rode the ferry over to Alcatraz and took the audio tour.  It was pretty interesting to listen to the former guards and inmates talk about their years there.  I can't imagine being one of the guard's families who lived on the island.  What a crazy way to grow up.



 After lunch we rented some bicycles and rode from the pier around the coast and up over the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin County.  It was a great ride once I got my bike adjusted a bit.  It has been forever since I went on a real bike-ride.    It was a fun adventure.  The bridge is extremely crowded and I was almost mowed over by an enormous man in a fur coat but other than that it was great.
After dinner in a local Italian place we went for sundaes at Ghiardelli.  Fabulous day. 

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Ever since I saw the Clint Eastwood movie "Escape from Alcatraz," I've always wanted to go there! I'm envious of your bike ride; sounds like so much fun!

The Studes said...

Fun! Oh and I love your helmet hair wings :)

The Studes said...

Fun! Oh and I love your helmet hair wings :)

Post a Comment