Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Progress

Yesterday, I went to Red Fish's new preschool to observe.  Red Fish has been telling me that she didn't like school, had no friends etc. etc.  I was extremely concerned and worried that I made a bad decision moving her.  During my visit it was very obvious she is fine.  She is communicating with everyone at the new school really well.  She couldn't have cared less that I was there with her, she was running all over playing with the other kids and thoroughly enjoying herself.  I'm greatly relieved.  One less crisis to deal with!  I asked her to sing one of the songs she learned in school for my camera.  Her progress on articulation is really obvious in the song.  She has really started getting those "f", "s", "v" and "k" sounds.  Even some of the harder blends are there.  It never stops being exciting that she is making such progress on her speech.  It continues to blow my mind that we are in such a different place than we were last year at this time.
We had Two Fish's mom over for dinner tonight so the girls could spend some time with her.  They looked so cute reading bedtime stories together I had to take a picture.

4 comments:

Linnea said...

You have and continue to do a great job with and for Red Fish! I think her speech is fantastic-she reminds me of my Ivy that way. I still get chills sometimes when I hear Ivy speak in Primary and play with her friends. I'll never forget how shy she was and how far she has come--it'll always seem a bit of a miracle to me. It's exciting to see them work through challenging things and grow!!

The Clem Family said...

That's great!!! In glad things are coming along for her and you!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

I am so excited for you guys! She is doing awesome!

Mia said...

The video is super cute, love the singing of Brown Bear! Both of your girls have gotten so big.

Post a Comment