Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daddy's Valentines

*Notice that Two Fish is wearing glasses. He is preparing his eyes for his surgery tomorrow and hopefully he will never have to wear glasses again!These two girls love their Daddy. They get so excited when Two Fish gets home from work. There is a lot of jumping and smiling and two little girls who immediately want to be held. (I'm always happy to see him as well.)

Lately Red Fish has wanted me to play her songs out of one of our song books every night. She sits on the bench with me and picks out which songs I should play and sing. She really loves "Once There Was A Snowman" and "Popcorn Popping On the Apricot Tree." Tonight she requested a song about Daddy, so I played "Daddy's Homecoming."

I'm so glad when Daddy's comes home. Glad as I can be!
Clap my hands and shout for joy and climb upon his knee.
Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this.
Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great big kiss.

Red Fish kept breaking out into sobs through the whole song but every time I would stop playing she would get REALLY upset. She kept asking me to play it over and over again. Finally she told me "Dad no bye bye." I guess she was working through her feelings on Daddy leaving for work everyday. She misses him terribly when he is at work and asks me all day when he will come home. I tried to tell her that the song is about Daddy coming home but I guess that just reminds her that he has to leave. It was heartbreaking.
Two Fish took me to see a play on Friday night. We still have tickets to two more plays over the next couple months. We saw Twelve Angry Men. It isn't exactly romantic for Valentines but we had a great time. I liked the play. I've never seen the movie so I've added it to our Netflix cue.

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

How cute! My kids get excited when their dad comes home, too. First thing when he walks through the door, the kids ask him to play with them.

Somers said...

I must say: Red Fish looks very pretty in that picture!

The Studes said...

how did "two's" surgery go?

Post a Comment