Saturday, June 6, 2009

Speed Bump

We took our tour of labor and delivery at the hospital this weekend...at two in the morning. We didn't even know where it was, we had to look it up on the internet. (the labor and delivery wing- not the hospital.) Just when I start to get more comfortable and less stressed about being pregnant we have a scare. Everything is fine now but I was pretty freaked out. A few hours of monitoring and an ultrasound and we went home. I'm just glad we have family nearby willing to come take Red Fish in the middle of the night. I'm glad I have a husband who stays really calm and I'm grateful that I'm still doing well with my pregnancy and nothing big was wrong. Now I have to work at getting my "bubble of peace" back because I'm afraid I might have shattered my old one.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad everything was OK, and I hope it stays that way!

JoandDoug said...

I'm glad that everything was okay. Things like that are so scary and definitely not the way you want to be introduced to L&D. When I was pregnant with Sophia I was so paranoid about her. I remember thinking how if I was that worried about her before she was even born, how worried would I be after she was born when I had acutally held her and formed a relationship with her. I told Dr. Watabe about all that and I asked him when you stop worrying about your kids. He told me you stop worrying when they graduate from Med school. I thought that was funny. I think it made me appreciate my mom more hoping that she worried about me that much too. Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy! I'm sure all will go well.
P.S. Good luck with the opening doors and climbing thing. My only advice is just try to endure it!

Nancy said...

Thats a bummer. But Im glad everything is still okay. :)

Richinsrock said...

Some girls have all the luck. I am so glad all is well. I am sorry you had to take a tour of L&D that way. Let us know if you need any help or a girls night for relaxing.

The Clem Family said...

Things will be fine....don't stress too much. (I know that that is much easier said than done.)

Post a Comment