Friday, June 12, 2009

Motherhood Is Messy

Today was a rough day. Red Fish hasn't gotten enough stimulation this week due to the never ending rain and me feeling under the weather. Twice this week she has resorted to using "finger paint au natural" all over her room during her naptime. SO GROSS-Motherhood is a dirty job. Then today during the two minutes I was in the bathroom she went upstairs, got into a closet, opened my supposedly childproof art kit and dumped all of my seperated, organized beads out and sprinkled them around the room. Then she painted the wall with a little rubber cement. She also ripped a key off my laptop today and threw a plate of food against the wall. If I don't plan at least one really stimulating fun activity a day she pretty much goes crazy. We have a list of activities I plan to try and get to every week during the summer. This week we've really only accomplished two. We went swimming at the dive shop with Two Fish again last night (it's lovely because it's really ridiculously warm like a giant bathtub.) Then this afternoon the sun came out finally for a couple hours, so we hurried outside and I let her paint the back patio with washable paints.

Red Fish was more interested in painting the dog house a neighbor gave us when they moved. I didn't mind since Blue Fish has never once used it.



I think Red Fish enjoyed the cleanup more than anything else. She is a waterbaby at heart. She loved playing in the hose and rinsing off the sidewalk. Our plastic table arrived today so we can start doing a lot more messy projects outside. I panic too much everytime the art supplies get out of control in the house.

1 comments:

Richinsrock said...

I love the cute pictures of her. I love when they figure out how to take off the diapers and play. Your right it is no fun for moms.

Post a Comment