Monday, June 22, 2009

Dear Anonymous Commentors

I wasn't going to respond to your comments and you will notice they have not been published. I was really going to ignore you but now I'm annoyed. Mostly I just wanted to say that if you don't like my blog then stop reading it.

As to your accusations that I act like my kids are miracles-you are totally right. They are miracles. The adoption of Red Fish was a powerful miracle in my life. This pregnancy is the same. A lot of people seem to have all sorts of opinions about my giving birth after adoption. They range from "doesn't that always happen?" (Which no it does not.) to the really supportive people who understand the situation well to the occasional naysayer who looks at our situation negatively. The truth of it is that Heavenly Father has chosen to send my kids in special ways. This is the road our family has taken to bring our family together-what that road will look like in the future I can't say. I've really come to a place of peace that my kids will come to our family however is meant to be. If you can't understand or appreciate that than it probably has more to do with you than it does with me.

You say you don't know why I continue to talk about adoption now and that I am hurting the cause- I think you are wrong. My family is only one example of the many ways that adoption brings families together. Every family doesn't need to look the same. I love to talk about adoption and will continue to tell people what a wonderful thing it has been for us. If you have questions about adoption, I would be happy to talk to you about it as best I can.

You say I am hurting the people around me by flaunting my pregnancy. I'm not even sure how to respond. I have a lot of really wonderful people in my life who are very supportive of me. I hope I am supportive to them. The people I love hopefully know that I love them and wouldn't hurt them intentionally. We all go through hard things and different things are hard for different people. I'm pretty sure none of them would feel the need to post anonymous attacks on my blog. It's pretty obvious from your comments that you know very little about me or my life. So to sum things up- buzz off.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that's insane! I agree, those people need to buzz off!

Mindi said...

Holy Cow Kerstin!!! I can not believe some people! I'm glad you posted this. You are a great person with a beautiful family.

Nancy said...

Thats incredible!! I cant believe someone would feel the need to say stuff like that. I think everything you responded with is spot on. Heavenly Father does work in strange ways. Whether its by adoption or by pregnancy, your kids are lucky to have parents who care about them so much. On a different note, I cant find your email address and wanted to ask you if you have any flying tips with toddlers? Josh and I are flying back to UT next week and any suggestions on how to keep kids happy on planes would be welcome and appreciated!! :)

CassiLou said...

Kerstin, keep doing what you are doing! Anonymous obviously doesn't have any guts because they can't even put their name on their work. Adoption IS AMAZING! Your family is perfect and I applaud you for being so out there and honest about everything. You have been through some amazing stuff and you are truly blessed. Thanks for letting me peak in on your life and please know we are pulling for ya down here in Provo! Aloha!

Chioma said...

I can't believe anyone would be so cruel! :( The world has really been disappointing me lately.

I want to say that you are SUCH an inspiration to me. I barely know you but I love your blog. Your bravery and courage in fertility problems and with adoption is amazing. You are such a wonderful mother and I love the way you write about Red Fish and all the activities you do with her. You are also so kind and just really a great example.

I can't imagine who would say such cruel (and untrue) things about you. But please don't take it to heart!

The Studes said...

;)

JoandDoug said...

That is crazy. Way to tell them off. Congrats on winning! I saw your name on give away today! How fun!

Unknown said...

MONKEY BABY!

Unknown said...

MONKEY BABY!

Richinsrock said...

I love you. You are the sweetest kindest person I know of. I agree if you don't even have the nerve to post your name don't comment. Even when your annoyed you do so with Grace. I think they should mind their won business and keep their nose out of yours. I think anyone who has ever stuggled with having a child and then gets pregnant knows what a blessing it is. The nerve of some people. I am happy for you.

Post a Comment