Friday, June 5, 2009

Crisis


Red Fish has learned how to open doors (especially the doors to the outside) and the climbing has continued. Now she can escape her playpen and is well on her way to jumping from the crib. I was in bed taking a nap yesterday (Red Fish and I are both sick) and I felt little fingers tapping me on the arm. NOOOOOOO! I'm so not ready for this. She did it again when One Fish was in the shower this morning. She is WAY TOO LITTLE. She is only 18 months old! I'm going to have to buy a mattress or take her crib mattress and put it in an empty room so she can't climb her dresser. NOOOOOOO! This is a whole phase of child proofing I'm not ready for.

5 comments:

Blogful said...

It seems young, but she might be ready for a chart of stickers if she stays in her bed and dollar store prizes. As a parent, all I have are two tricks: threats and bribes.

Nancy said...

Its true about how moms never stop worrying about their kids. As soon as I feel like Josh and I have a decent system, he goes and learns something new and we have adjust again!! I guess thats what growing up is about. But they do do it too quickly!

Richinsrock said...

Sad news for you. I hate when they start climbing out of things and unlocking doors. I feel like my legal restraints are gone. So sorry for you. Wish I could tell you that it gets better, but it only gets worse for a little while. Good Luck

Janet Olcott said...

I am sorry for you. Matthew was 14 months old when he learned to open doors and run. We had the type of knobs that you pull down on. We thought they were so cool when we had them installed in our new home. That thought didn't last long.

The positive thing is that he is alive and well at almost 34.

Mom Olcott

Utah Dive Instruction said...

Monkey Baby!

Post a Comment