Monday, June 3, 2013

Art Group Day 4- Jackson Pollock Day

 Jackson Pollock day is always a favorite with the kids.  I always show them a painting and we talk about abstract vs. realistic.  I show them how to flick the paint.  One of these years I need to get a video of their faces when I first splatter the paint down.  It gets all over my arms and the kids always look so shocked.  They start out flicking the paint onto the murals and then they get less inhibited and start going crazy with the paint.  It is always so fun to watch them go a little crazy.










 Getting good and messy at least once a summer if not twice has become a bit of a tradition in our family.  Every kids should get a chance to get nice and covered in paint every once in awhile.
 The park by our house cooperated nicely by putting on the sprinklers for the kids to romp through.


0 comments:

Post a Comment