Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Art Group Day 9 - Liquid Watercolor Resists

 Today we talked about Wassily Kandinsky, a German painter who is credited with creating the first abstract paintings.  We talked about using bold lines and bright colors.  The kids drew with oil pastels on watercolor paper and then used liquid watercolors to go over them.  The oil pastels resist the watercolor and show through beautifully.  The kids did several paintings each so I think they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

New Fish, Both kids together, Red Fish
Then we went swimming afterwards with my cute niece M and our friends "the buddies."  Good day.

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Thanks, again, for a fun art day!

Shelby from anewbohemia.com said...

OH! I love this post-- water color resists are my favorite go to art project with my kids and I love that you tied it to Kandinsky's work. Really, really brilliant (and so is the inclusion of that final picture... great end to what looks like a great day!).

Post a Comment