Thursday, May 27, 2010

Squirrel Rampage

There is a family of enormous squirrels living in the rocks behind my house and they drive my dog absolutely crazy. Earlier, I was on the phone with Two Fish and feeding New Fish in the high chair. Blue Fish was out trying to catch the squirrels. I walked out on the back porch to try and call the dog inside and the squirrel came charging across the grass so fast, I didn't have time to shut the door. Dog and squirrel came throttling into the kitchen. I of course dropped the phone and started screaming bloody murder. I grabbed Red Fish and stuck her on the top of the kitchen table. The animals were ricocheting off the walls and sliding across the wood floor. They nearly overturned the kitchen table where Red Fish was dancing wildly. Both little girls started to scream. (New Fish with terror and Red Fish with delight.) I raced circles around the kitchen, completely positive that the wretched rodent was going to run up my leg because it kept running for me. The dog nearly turned over the high chair trying to get the stupid squirrel. Luckily the rampage ended after a couple minutes when both the dog and squirrel ran out the back door. I quickly locked them outside.

The whole time all this was going on, Two Fish was still on the phone and could hear all of the screaming and barking. He thought it was pretty hysterical when I got back on the phone and told him what had happened. Who knew I was so terrified of squirrels?

4 comments:

Somers said...

Please don't send the squirrels my way. Please.

Richinsrock said...

I am so sorry that happened, but you always make it sound so funny. I would have been terrified.

One Fish said...

It's okay it was funny after it was over.

The Clem Family said...

That is hilarious!! I'd love to be a fly on your wall one day. You have such funny stories.

Post a Comment