Thursday, May 6, 2010

Firsts

Motherhood has become a blur of kissing skinned knees, filling bubble baths, and snuggling little sweethearts. I spend my days cleaning up more than my fair share of bodily fluids and getting just the right number of baby kisses to counteract the madness. I run next to maniacal two year olds on trikes (who usually request the baby be put on back as a passenger.) I sing songs and clean up streaks of paint. I step on toys and tuck kids in bed (repeatedly.) It is an ongoing influx of joy, frustration, disgust, and laughter. I'm finding every day of motherhood to be humbling, overwhelming, hilarious, and fun.

On Sunday, New Fish got her first tooth. She is working on#2. She has been up on her hands and knees today trying to crawl and pulling herself into a standing position. Too many firsts for this mama! I want to slow time down and keep her little. Life just seems to pick up speed every time I wake up.

3 comments:

Somers said...

... and when you are a mother, you wake up ALOT! : )

The Clem Family said...

Who said motherhood wasn't a full-time job? Our days are filled with lots of patience and work. You're a fantastic mom; keep it up!!!

Richinsrock said...

Yoy describe motherhood perfectly! There is no greater joy, but man I get so tired.

Post a Comment