Monday, April 5, 2010

Tu-tutorial

I bought 4 yards of 54" tulle for each baby tutu. This will make a really full tutu. I cut it into 44 pieces - 4 across and 11 down. For babies made the elastic about 16 - 18". For the tutu Red Fish is wearing I didn't acutally measure the pieces I just started cutting so it turned out longer.

Sew ends of elastic together. You could do this by hand if you don't have a sewing machine.
Tie strips onto the elastic. You don't have to even double knot them. Just keep tying until the strips are gone.Then have someone cute test the tutu. Here is Red Fish testing one last August.

My cousin Leilani did a really cute boa for her daughter out of shorter strips of tulle. I want to make some for my girls.

4 comments:

Blogful said...

We made this one and loved it. We alternated colors of tulle and I wimped out and just used ribbon instead of elastic. A looks DARLING! Like she was meant to wear one 24/7

The Clem Family said...

So cute! I didn't know you were a seamstress, too! ;)

Nancy said...

That is so super cute!! I love it and cant wait to make one for Abby when she gets bigger!!

Richinsrock said...

I am excited to give it a try, if I can't figure it out, I will be giving you a call.

Post a Comment