Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mommy Moments

This morning Red Fish and Blue Fish were both laying on our love sac snuggling and having a great conversation. Red Fish would babble along and Blue Fish would add a yip or two every once in awhile. You gotta love the little sweet moments like that. What's better than a girl and her dog?

When I practiced my violin yesterday (funeral and temple thing coming up this weekend) Red Fish danced around me and sang at the TOP of her lungs. I could barely hear myself play. It was hilarious. I was finally laughing too hard to keep playing.

When I was doing laundry on Monday I hung all of my wet clothes on my drying rack. I turn around for thirty seconds to get a new load and Red Fish has taken all of my clothes back down and put them back in the basket. This happened twice! She is FAST! And what can you say when she looks so proud of herself for helping? Why of course you smile and say: "What a good helper! Now let's leave the clothes hanging up this time so they can dry!" Then when I was dusting she was happily dancing along behind me and then I noticed she had the baby powder and was sprinkling it along behind me. It makes it sound like I wasn't watching her when these cleaning "helps" happened but I swear she is just that fast and sneaky!

Two Fish and I were recently called to be nursery leaders at church so naturally we take Red Fish with us even though she is a little young. Unfortunately, Red Fish's tiny size has invited a few bullies to pick on her. Last week when Red Fish saw one of them coming for her she hauled off and slapped the little boy before he could get her. Then she of course gave him an immediate hug to apologize. As if to say: "I'm sorry I had to do that to you!"

We made play dough with Sas and Lovely N this week and the three little girls had a great time squishing their hands in it. They were so cute running around together. I feel like it's a very recent thing that Red Fish has really started running around with kids and playing with them for an extended period of time. It's so fun to see her making little friends. Sometimes I could push pause and freeze her sweet babyness to make it last longer but on the other hand it's fun to see her growing and changing.

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Oh, yes. I like to hear that she knows how to hold her own when it comes to bullies. I've beaten up a few bullies in my time (all boys).

Linnea said...

Great memories--I like the dusting one. I'm pretty sure she will get even faster!! Fun times!

Post a Comment