Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009- Here we come!

The O family extravaganza has extended well into the new year. Two Fish and I invited everyone (22 people) over for a giant new years bash and sleepover. Are we crazy... well yes we are, but for reasons I don't have the time to get into right now. The party actually went really well. The kids had a wii tournament while the adults got everyone set up with a blog and facebook account. I've infected everyone. We had chicken fajitas for dinner, popcorn with the movie, and a hot chocolate bar at midnight. The hot chocolate bar was fun- I recommend it. We watched the ball drop at midnight and had a countdown. We spread out over eight different rooms in the house to sleep and managed to get in a good 5-6 hours of sleep. Then we made a big pancake breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, and juice and laid around the house for a bit. No broken bones, no stitches, very little crying, and a whole lot of crazy cousin fun. Overall it was a success. I think my favorite part of the night was watching Red Fish run around with all the kids. She was just one of the gang tonight- finally old enough to join in the fun with everyone else. She insisted on wearing her ballerina outfit over a pair of jammies so she was quite the sight marching around in her tutu with everyone.
A little New Years smooch

I have big plans for 2009. The last few years have been very life changing for our family and I expect the next year to be no different. I had this plan a few years ago that I referred to as my 12 month plan to happiness. The idea is that if I make small goals every month that are very reachable and do it for a month until it becomes a habbit that by the end of 12 months of goals I would be healthier in body, spirit, mind, and realtionships- and therfor happier. It was supposed to prepare me for parenthood. I got a bit sidetracked when parenthood didn't come in the package I expected so I've decided to reembrace the 12 month plan now (actually more like eight weeks ago.) My January goals are going to be-

Health goal- floss my teeth on a regular basis
House goal- My first one was actually to do my laundry every week and put it away immediatly but I've been doing it for eight weeks so I think I am going to go with vaccuuming every room in my house at least weekly so there is no dog hair.
Spiritual goal- read one chapter in the book of mormon with my husband daily.
Family Relationship goal- set aside specific time everyday to just play with Red Fish and do nothing else.
Mental Health goal- Try to read before bed more frequently.

So wish me luck on my 12 month plan. If I don't finish a goal I restart it the next month. It's supposed to be low stress and help me grow. Perhaps it will go better this time. Baby steps right?

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I need a copy of the group picture--it's great! I love your monthly goal plan, I think I will steal it!! And I love being infected--facebook is a blast! I am having conversations with people I haven't seen in YEARS!!!!

The Clem Family said...

That's an awesome little program that you've created. I may adopt that in my own life. Happy New Year!!!

Blogful said...

I love your plan and may just adopt it myself. Sounds like a fun party too. I think you should also resolve to post more pictures on your blog, because I just can't get enough of little Red and all her sassy cuteness.

Post a Comment