Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Messy Business

I've come to the conclusion that my fear of making a bigger mess that necessary has been holding Red Fish back from really using silverware well. This week I have thrown myself headfirst into the mess and invited her to self feed EVERYTHING without any assistance at all. So we've tried giving her a spoon and a bowl of oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, cooked spinach, cooked veggies, and everything I can think of. So far- it isn't going well. Red Fish is more interested in painting herself in goo or squishing the food in her hands. I've decided to just concentrate on the fact that at least I am fostering her creativity by letting her experiment. The mess hasn't actually been all that bad but the dog is getting fatter.


2 comments:

Blogful said...

what a good mom you are. Jane finally got it when she tried mashed potatoes. You could add infant oatmeal or rice cereal to thicken her foods and make them stick to the spoon better.

AshleeBashlee said...

Ha Thats what it looked like when Josh and I fed her, her oatmeal!

Post a Comment