Monday, January 16, 2012

Red Fish's Room Complete

 I finally finished painting Red Fish's new dresser and go the last few things hung up on the wall.  I got these cute prints at a local art fair.  I love the cinnamon ink one on the right that hangs above her bookbag.  It says: "Whatever you are, be a good one!"
 Her big doggie (gift from Gammie) and favorite fish blankie are set in her "reading corner" as she calls it.  She likes to lay on the doggie and check out her books.  The temple picture was a birthday gift from Mimi.  It's a picture of the temple Red Fish was sealed to us in.
Red Fish's new comforter and pillow shams are from JC Penny.  I can't decide which way to put it on so her bed looks different every time I help her make it. The quilt at the end of the bed is a gift from my grandparents for her birthday.  She also has to have her tiger that Pop Pops got for her 1st birthday.  I just finished painting her little dresser in the corner.  It has a fish aquarium lamp on it that was a gift from her grandma, her piggy bank, and a handmade wood puzzle.  She also has a little wood carving that was a gift from her birth mother.  I made her curtains, and the pillows on her window seat
Her room is full of gifts from all of the people who love her.  She has a little bulletin board in the corner to hang her artwork on.  Her art is displayed all over the house and we still run out of room. The mobile hanging from the ceiling has postcards from famous paintings on it.  The metal letters above her bed spell out her name.  I think overall, the room is very cute and colorful.

1 comments:

Richinsrock said...

I love it, it looks great!

Post a Comment