Saturday, January 21, 2012

2:00AM

2:00am- New Fish is screaming in her room.  We are trying melatonin.  It is working some nights, not all nights.
4:00am- New Fish is screaming in her room.  
8:30am- Red Fish ready and out the door to school, do some training with my dog.  I am training him on and off all day right now trying to "fix" him.
9:15am-11:15am New Fish and I are ready and out the door to my office.  She colors, plays on her sister's toy computer and builds with blocks while I work. We pick up Red Fish from school on our way home.
 
 
11:30-12:30pm We go to the library.  Some weeks we are there for five minutes, others an hour.  It depends on how long they need to look at the books.  This week was an especially good library week because they were quiet and delighted to spend time looking around at books and showing them to each other. 
 12:30am- The girls play a singing and dancing game while I fix lunch and set up an art project.  They eat lunch and spend some time grooming the dog.  They are really into "fixing his hair" right now.  Good thing he loves to be brushed.

1:30pm- The girls do a matching shape collage.  It's mostly for New Fish's benefit but Red Fish likes making things so she doesn't care if it's to learn about shapes.  New Fish turns all of  her squares to the side and tells me they are diamonds not squares.  She will not accept any other opinions.
2:00pm- New Fish goes down for a nap and Red Fish has quiet time while I work on my laptop.
3:30pm- Red Fish and I play several rounds of go fish.  
4:00pm- New Fish wakes up and I'm trying to clean the kitchen.  Somehow I really need to get it into my head that I need to plan time to do nothing but hold New Fish when she wakes up.  I don't know why I try so hard to get anything else done when she so obviously desperately needs me to do nothing but hold her right then.
5:00pm- I desperately try and clean up the kitchen and get dinner ready. 
5:30pm- Give up and turn on tv for girls.  It helps mildly.
6:00pm- We scramble to eat dinner.  Grilled spicy honey chicken with salad and peas.  I ruined the potatos and they are inedible- I guess that's what happens when you try and clean, cook and take care of a cranky kid at the same time.
 
 6:30-7:45pm- Mommy is a little stressed as the cub scouts arrive and I'm trying to shove dinner's dishes into the washer.  Red Fish tells me "It's okay mommy, it's just the cub scouts.  This is not a big deal."  Thanks for the reminder.  We practice writing stories and thank you notes with the cub scouts to pass off one of their achievements.
7:45pm- Clean up from cub scouts.
8:00pm Start bedtime routine.  Reading, songs, jammies, teeth brushed, prayers etc.  Red Fish gets knocked off the bed.
8:30pm- Take injured Red Fish to my room to cuddle because she is so upset.
9:00pm- Red Fish in bed.
9:30pm- Watch tv and surf internet for intersting pictures to use in my design work.
10:30pm- start getting in bed.  Read a little, read scriptures, talk to Two Fish.  Wash face etc.
11:20pm- Bedtime.

2 comments:

Somers said...

I can tell you, Cub Scouts DO NOT care if the dishes are done, unless they don't have anything to put cereal in. I know you have done tons of research about New Fish's sleeping problems and tried pretty much everything. But I don't remember if I've ever recommended "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." It totally changed my life when C was littler and might be worth a read (assuming you haven't already read it, of course)

The Studes said...

I put a Lavender Essential Oil on Bugs toes and feet at night and it actually has helped with the night terrors and calming her down I think she has had maybe on in the last 3 or 4 months. I have some if you wanna try it out.

Post a Comment