Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Traveling



I'm still recovering from last week. First I went to NAB in Vegas with my brothers for four days, and then I left with my little family for our first trip as a family of four. We went with our friends Mark and Annie to check a couple more National Parks off of our list. (We have a dream of visiting them all.) I've been to Arches and Cayonlands several times, but Two Fish had never been. We camped right on the Colorado River near Moab, UT. It was the perfect time to go. It was warm but not hot yet.

The actual camping was a little rough with the little ones but doable. It was really nice that the adults outnumbered the kids. Our tent was super lame. I think we need to take it back and get a different one. I want to start investing in some decent camping stuff since I think there is going to be a lot of camping in our future. The drive there was a little painful but the drive home was perfect. Both girls snoozed the whole way home because they were so worn out.

We visited a lot in one weekend. We drove through all of Arches and hiked to Delicate Arch, Broken Arch, Sand Dune Arch, and around Balanced Rock. We also got close to Double Arch. It was beautiful.

Then we went to Canyonlands and walk through part of slick rock and got some great views of the Needles. We saw Newspaper rock and several great look outs. We definitely need to spend some more time there. There is way too much to see for one trip.

We took two backpacks so we could carry both girls on most of the hikes. New Fish pretty much fell asleep everytime I stuck her in my backpack because she thought she was just being snuggled. Red Fish liked having "piggie back rides." She also did some walking but it took forever.

Overall, the trip was a success. Now I'm just trying to get my laundry and house back under control.

1 comments:

Blogful said...

Looks like so much fun! good for you taking the family and making memories.

Post a Comment